Contractors - 1, 2, and 3 Family Dwellings and Commercial Structures
Building permit application which can be also obtained in Room 505 of City Hall from 8 am to 5 pm weekdays. Submit the completed form with two sets of plans, drawn to scale.
Contractors must be insured and bonded, licensed with the state, and registered with the City. The Department of Building and Housing will circulate plans to other City departments when additional reviews are required.
Related Forms and publications:
City Hall Room 505
or send email
General Contractor Bureau
|Depending on the scope of the project, the following items may be required:
- An index of drawings and a legend of symbols and abbreviations.
- Plot plan showing street location, buildings, utility lines, setbacks, property lines, side yard dimensions and distances between buildings.
- Floor plans with basements, walls, windows and stairs and all spaces identified by use (i.e.: “kitchen”)
- Elevations to describe the building's exterior, including floor to floor dimensions.
- Cross sections, wall sections, and details describing construction and materials for walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Structural description, with size and location of principal elements, table of live loads used in the design, and sufficient data to verify safety of new foundations.
- Address and permanent parcel number(s) of the project. For newly-constructed homes or room additions, indicate conformance with International Code Council (ICC) and the Ohio Energy Code.
- Description of mechanical and electrical systems; plumbing schematics; duct and piping layouts for plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning; and layouts for lighting and power equipment.